Re: Syn Flood and DDoS Protect

On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 14:12:37 -0300
Thiago Oliveira <cpv.thiago@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Mr. Jesper,
>
> I had a time now and I did execute the script SYN-PROXY and getting this Output.
>
> root@spweb02:~# ./syn-proxy.sh -v -i eth0 -p 80
> WARNING: Shell env variable IPTABLES_CMD is undefined
> WARNING: Fallback to default IPTABLES_CMD=/sbin/iptables
> iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.
> WARNING -- Error (1) when executing the iptables command:
>  "iptables -t raw -I PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --syn --dport 80
> -j CT --notrack"
> iptables v1.4.8: unknown option `--sack-perm'
> Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.
> WARNING -- Error (2) when executing the iptables command:
>  "iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 80 -m state --state
> INVALID,UNTRACKED -j SYNPROXY --sack-perm --timestamp --wscale 7 --mss
> 1460"
> iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 80 -m state --state
> INVALID -j DROP
>
> Maybe my iptables version doesn't support this?

Exactly... you need iptables v1.4.21, you can run the commands below:

 wget http://www.netfilter.org/projects/iptables/files/iptables-1.4.21.tar.bz2
 tar xvf iptables-1.4.21.tar.bz2
 cd iptables-1.4.21/
 ./configure && make
 sudo make install

Remember you also need a newer kernel... minimum kernel 3.13, but
preferably the upcoming nf-next kernel, for the conntrack scaling:
 https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/pablo/nf-next.git/

 git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/pablo/nf-next.git
 cd nf-next/
 make menuconfig #(select all netfilter modules)
 make -j24
 make install #(depend on your distro)

 #On Debian perhaps also run these:
 export VER=`cat include/config/kernel.release`
 depmod -a ${VER}
 mkinitramfs -o /boot/initrd.img-$VER $VER
 update-grub2
 # (reboot and select kernel)

Good luck, fighting your DDoS...
--Jesper