Multipath routing x kernel > 3.6 (without routing cache)

Hi,

This issue has already been discussed here, but we have not reached a
conclusion. I'm reviewing my firewall script (iptables yet) and I
would like to review the configuration of link load balancing.

The problem is that setting too complicated without the routing cache.

With cache I could set a per-flow balancing. To do this, i configured
"gc_interval" as 1 and defined a higher value for "gc_timeout". Thus I
forced distribution by origin and destination every second (1s), but
the routing path was maintained by "gc_timeout".

This was the best way I found to balancing Internet links. IMHO, this
worked well because it was a flow load balance. So, my connection
could be distributed by different links, but not in a short time to
the same destination. This avoided problems with HTTS sessions or
webmail, for example.

>From what I understand... without routing cache, i need to do a
firewall configuration via CONNMARK. To do this its simple. However
this creates a balancing per connection, not per flow. I didn't like
to see a routing path changed in a https session - In many cases,
local socket is changed constantly.

I know that I can set the path for certain cases by the firewall rule,
but that would be too much unproductive.

I don't understand why such a radical step in the kernel code. Would
have been much better to have the possibility to enable or disable the
routing cache instead of removing the code completely. Recently I
needed to return the kernel version of one firewall (I need to review
my scripts first).

How do the load balancing per flow without routing cache?
Any ideas?

Thanks