iptaccount vs nfacct

Hello,

to present day I have been using the ACCOUNT function in xtables-addons
to do bandwidth accounting.

I have spent some time poking around on the net trying to figure out
exactly what nfacct does, and it seems this tool could also be used for
bandwidth accounting.

But I am having trouble finding anything regarding the wisdom of such a
migration.  Are there documents, or would someone be willing to offer
some opinions, pertaining to the benefits or detriments of switching
over?

--
Computerisms
Bob Miller