syncookies uses only 1 core. how to maximize cpu usage?

Hi Netfilter,

I know this is not strictly a iptables question, though any orientation is useful.

Iam running some load tests against syn cookies. First I have made sure iam sending a PPS amount that my machine can handle with syn cookies turned off. The problem is that as soon as I turn on syn cookies i see that it utilizes one core at 100% and leaves the others unused. Also even logged in at console it starts lagging severely.

Is there anyway to make the kernel use more cores or better cpu consumption for this task or am I left for that the core can give me only?

Thanks guys

Alex