Classifying ingress traffic via cgroup filters

Hello,

I'm researching (=breaking my head to find) ways to classify ingress traffic to a cgroup. Is this possible?

Details:

With something like the following I can easily filter egress:

  $ echo 0x00010010 >net_cls.classid
  $ tc filter add dev $iface protocol ip parent 1:0 prio 1 handle 1 cgroup

But I'm very much in the dark about my options to correctly filter/classify ingress with a clever combination of connmarks, fwmarks, cgroups and/or ifb interfaces (imq is not an option in this case).

Though it seems that some of this field is still very much in flux, I'm trying to come up with a solution that will work on Debian Wheezy's 3.2 kernel.

Any help or pointers in the right direction are much appreciated.

Best,
--
 - Pieter