Re: DROPING ICMP and still getting kernel messages of icmp traffic?‏

Hello...

I have not recieved a response, maybe my question was a bit messy if it was I apologize for that..

In concrete anybody know what is the difference in utilizing iptables to DROP all ICMP, vrs using sysctl to ignore all ICMP ?

Does it make sense I was droping all ICMP in iptables but still recieving messages in syslog that ICMP redirect packets where getting ignored every now and then (by that time i had not used sysctl, but i was recommended to do so hence my question)

Thanks guys

Alex