Re: Need help with dialup connection (and syn packets)

Sounds like the main problem is your aggressive hangup due to
inactivity.  It should be at least 4 times as the connect time, not
under half!.  I suggest 6 minutes, but at least 2 minutes.

If you can't adjust that, probably the next best alternative is a
pre-emptive ping or something to wake up the modem about 25 seconds
before you want to connect, or just ping every 5 seconds until you get
a successful response