Re: brouting different VLANs

Hi,

I didn't set up a bridge-firewall for some time, but...

1. When you "drop" BROUTING chain, you are telling to linux kernel
that the "packet forward" is only possible by IP routing. It's how to
disable the bridge for a given condition (your firewall rule). So, I
don't understand the problem with the ARP.

2. But, your first rules are "blocking" IP routing.
I do not understand why these rules:
ebtables-A FORWARD -i bond0.10 -j DROP
ebtables-A FORWARD -i bond0.20 -j DROP

"I used something like this to block transparently - thats the main
purpose of a bridge-firewall".

3. It would be simpler and more logical to work with two different subnets.

I found very interesting your logic, but it is something that I avoid.
IMHO: In this way you are very exposed with ARP problems.