Re: conntrackd questions

2013/2/19 Pablo Neira Ayuso <pablo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> There are several things that you can check to troubleshoot
> conntrackd:
>
> 1) Log files: /var/log/conntrackd.log and /var/log/keepalived.log
> 2) See if entries are actually synchronized via `conntrackd -i' and
> `conntrackd -e' and other statistics.
> 3) echo 255 > /proc/sys/net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_log_invalid, to
> see if the connection tracking system is marking packets as invalid.
>
> I also suggest you to read the official documentation:
>
> http://conntrack-tools.netfilter.org/manual.html

I had read the official documentation. I will keep testing to see if I
can come up with more information.

On a related note, am I understanding correctly that if external cache
is disabled, then there's no need to use the notify_* scripts in
keepalived.conf? or it's harmless to use them anyway?

Thanks.