conntrack-tools rpc helper

I'm having a heck of a time getting this all going ;)

Debian Sid/Experimental
Linux 3.7.1
conntrack toolchain downloded yesterday (stable, not git)

I'm following the doc on conntrack-tools to enable RPC tracking (for NFS support), and wind up with this state:
# nfct helper list
{
    .name = rpc,
    .queuenum = 0,
    .l3protonum = 2,
    .l4protonum = 6,
    .priv_data_len = 16,
    .status = disabled,
};
{
    .name = rpc,
    .queuenum = 0,
    .l3protonum = 2,
    .l4protonum = 17,
    .priv_data_len = 16,
    .status = disabled,
};

Why disabled? conntrackd startup went fine, the nfct helper add went fine, what am I missing ?

And, of course, it doesn't work ;)

I may be royally screwed anyway - due to the bizarre situation I'm trying to support...
LAN:  192.168/16 - mix of Linux, Windows, and AIX clients
Gateway: 192.168.1.205 (Linux Gateway/Firewall)
OpenConnect VPN to work (CISCO ASA client) - IBM
IBM network - GSA NFS Servers

The sticky point for a statefull firewall seems to be twofold:
1) AIX (at least 5.3) still does RPC mount lookups - even if NFSV4 and port=2049 are specified
    Which, it seems, is totally needless

2) The GSA infrastructure is layered, and littered with High Availability & load balancing - but seems to break
    extant rules...
- My LAN client does a RPC GETPORT (MOUNT -V3) to snjgsa.sanjose.ibm.com
- My firewall NATs the request
- The GSA mainline server delegates (forwards, whatever) to a disk sever
- The disk server (snjxgsasd2.sanjose.ibm.com) replies the RCP GETPORT request

At this point, we have two streams, with matching ports, but differing IP sets, both in UNREPLIED status.

I am not at all sure, that even were I to get the RPC helper going, and it issues and EXPECT, that things will work, but am willing to hack to make it so :)

--
Rick Nelson
Life'll kill ya                         -- Warren Zevon