Re: Mark traffic on one machine, match on another machine?

Thanks a lot for your help, how can I evaluate --restore-mark before I classify and shape response traffic from the origin server?

I think you mean something like:

  # Copy ctmart to nfmark (e.g. 1, 2)
  iptables -A PREROUTING -t mangle -i eth0.2 -j CONNMARK --restore-mark

  # Classify by nfmark (e.g. 1, 2), send unmarked traffic to class 2:2
tc filter add dev eth0.2 parent ffff: protocol ip handle 1 fw flowid 2:1 action mirred egress redirect dev ifb0 tc filter add dev eth0.2 parent ffff: protocol ip handle 2 fw flowid 2:3 action mirred egress redirect dev ifb0 tc filter add dev eth0.2 parent ffff: protocol ip u32 match u32 0 0 flowid 2:2 action mirred egress redirect dev ifb0

Just how can I get --restore-mark to evaluate before tc filter?

Another way I can imagine is with the CLASSIFY target:

  # Send unmarked traffic to class 2:2
iptables -A PREROUTING -t mangle -i eth0.2 -m connmark --mark 1 -j CLASSIFY 2:1 iptables -A PREROUTING -t mangle -i eth0.2 -m connmark --mark 2 -j CLASSIFY 2:3
  iptables -A PREROUTING -t mangle -i eth0.2 -j CLASSIFY 2:2

But I have the same challenge, how can I evaluate the CLASSIFY target before I shape traffic?

Or is there another way to classify and shape response traffic from the origin server based on the TOS/DSCP field of the request?