Re: [Ntop-dev] New/Updated L7 netfilter option - nDPI

Hello,

I compiled nDPI-nefilter patch and it works fine. What I want is to shape the p2p traffic in my network. For this purpose i just implemented the nDPI-netfilter patch as two different ways for testing

iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -o XXX -m ndpi --bittorrent -j CONNMARK --set-mark 1

iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -m connmark --mark 1 -j CLASSIFY --set-class 0001:0010

or

iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -m ndpi --bittorrent -j CLASSIFY --set-class 0001:0010

So which one is more suitable for use? I don't know if this patch inspects connections (marks connection) or every single packet (marks every single) for a match.

Regards,

Lutfi