Re: Ipset kernel panic

On Fri, 19 Oct 2012, Ricardo Klein wrote:

> I am sorry, dont know what I am doing wrong, follow the steps on README but,
> still get compile errors...
> Se attached log file.
>
> And, I think the problem is this old kernel
> version(2.6.32-279.11.1.el6.x86_64), as the README says, I think I really
> will need to recompile the kernel if want this working:
> 0. You need the source tree of your kernel (version >= 2.6.34)
>    and it have to be configured with ip6tables support enabled,
>    modules compiled. For kernel versions < 2.6.39 please apply
>    the netlink.patch against your kernel tree, which adds the
>    new subsystem identifier for ipset.
>
> right? Or can I apply in some way apply the patch only to the kernel
> source files to compile ipset? (have no experience in kernel modules
> compilation)

Sigh, "struct xt_action_param" was introduced in 2.6.35... I have to
re-check what'd be needed to support kernels versions between 2.6.39 and
2.6.34.

> I'm starting to think that ipset is a great tool, but, not for rhel/CentOS
> yet (well, my loved Slackware should work like a charm, but, client whants
> CentOS/RHEL)

Best regards,
Jozsef
-
E-mail  : kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kadlecsik.jozsef@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Address : Wigner Research Centre for Physics, Hungarian Academy of Sciences
          H-1525 Budapest 114, POB. 49, Hungary