Re: TPROXY doesn't properly close connections in Linux 2.6.39

On 10/8/2012 3:07 AM, Brian G wrote:
I found this changelog on  Wed, 19 Oct 2011 07:21:35:

tproxy: copy transparent flag when creating a time wait

The transparent socket option setting was not copied to the time wait
socket when an inet socket was being replaced by a time wait socket. This
broke the --transparent option of the socket match and may have caused
that FIN packets belonging to sockets in FIN_WAIT2 or TIME_WAIT state
were being dropped by the packet filter.

Does this look like a fix to the problem I was having? What kernel
version on kernel.org is this patch included in?
TPROXY is only a socket it wont close itself.. the software should know the state and other stuff on it and close it. you should look at the software part to see why it wont close the connection and move on from there.

Regards,
Eliezer