nfq_set_verdict

Hi all,

I am trying to introduce a delay to specific packets using
libnetfilter_queue, but do not want to affect the latency of others.

So far I have this working by storing the packet info (id etc.) in a
queue and not issuing a verdict within the callback called by
nfq_handle_packet(), but rather in a different thread that calls
nfq_set_verdict() when the packets are ready to be sent.

This seems to work OK for a short period of time (a few minutes),
after which performance seems to become really slow, with nothing
displayed in "dmesg" or any thing else.

The documentation, states "Every queued packet _must_ have a verdict
specified by userspace".

Does this mean that the verdict MUST also be issued within the
nfq_handle_packet() callback, or is it OK to delay the verdict and
call it outside of the callback?

Any clarification would be appreciated - or perhaps someone can point
me in the direction of the right way to introduce delays to specific
packets in this way?

Kind Regards
--
Brad.