Re: iptables port redirect question

On Monday 17 of September 2012 11:03EN, joydeep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How can I redirect all packets exclude the packets for lan (
> 192.168.0.0 ) and all packets to/from lo (localhost) ?
> But this also redirect all local lan packets naturally, as it compares
> with lo . How can I combined both lo and local lan ? Can a customized
> chain help ?

Yes, in general, custom chain and RETURN target can help to simulate
"or" operator. But in your case, you should be able to combine "! -o lo"
and "! -d 192.168.0.0/16" matches to do what you need.

On the other hand, I prefer to explicitly state what I want to
masquerade rather than masqeurading everything with some exceptions.

                                                          Michal Kubeček