ebtables basic usage problem

Hi, everyone

   After executing the following command:

    ebtables -A OUTPUT -j DROP

  should every outbound packet be dropped? But my internet seems ok
after inserting the rule, and when I use

   ebtables -L --Lc

  to check the counter, the counter is zero.

  The 'drop all' rule is the only rule in the table. Why doesn't it
match any packet? Do I miss anything?
  When I apply the same rule with iptables, it works. But I don't know
why it doesn't work with ebtables.

  Thank you!