Fwd: iptables devel

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 4:40 PM, Rob Sterenborg (lists)
<lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 2012-08-09 at 16:27 +0530, rahul shrivastava wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> Hi,
>
> Please keep the discussion on the list and do not top-post.
>
> > i am compiling xtable-addons1.45 and linking iptable-devel files for
> > powerpc (iptables-dev_1.4.8-3_powerpc.deb) using LDFLAG
> > Running iptables command says i dont have correct version of
> > iptable-devel files , error is thrown by iptables as below
> >
> > [root@localhost ~]# iptables -A INPUT -m ipv4options -j ACCEPT
> > iptables: match "ipv4options" has version "libxtables.so.4", but
> > "libxtables.so.5" is required.
> >
> > where do i download correct version of dev files?
>
> Like I said: from your favourite Linux distro. You don't mention which
> one you're using, so I don't know.
> Probably you can use the package manager from your distro to do that,
> e.g. yum install iptables-devel (on RHEL/CentOS/etc compatibles).
>
> > Or something wrong with the patch installation procedure?
>
> Likely not. You just don't have the iptables devel package installed so
> you're missing files that the compilation process needs.
>
> But we know nothing about your system. If it's not possible to get the
> devel package from your distro, you could first download iptables from
> ftp.netfilter.org and compile and install that on your system. That way
> you will also have the (iptables!) files needed for compilation of
> xtables-addons.

 We downloaded iptalbes from netfilter ftp, compiled and installed on our
 system. Now we are getting below error.

 [root@localhost ~]# iptables -A INPUT -m ipv4options -j ACCEPT

  Iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.

any clues on this?

-- Anand