Re: ulogd - ip_conntrack_netlink - how to get it working one

Thank you for your reply.

Let me print the ulogd configurations here, so that I can describe my
problem better.

# this is a stack for flow-based logging via LOGEMU
stack=ct1:NFCT,ip2str1:IP2STR,print1:PRINTFLOW,emu1:LOGEMU

[ct1]
netlink_socket_buffer_size=217088
netlink_socket_buffer_maxsize=1085440
#netlink_resync_timeout=60 # seconds to wait to perform resynchronization
pollinterval=5 # use poll-based logging instead of event-driven
hash_enable=1

ulogd is running without any error messages. But, ulogd_syslogemu.log
has no contents. conntrack -E displays the flow perfectly.

I tried to find out the cause of no content in the ulogd_syslogemu.log
in the log file. ulogd requires nf_conntrack_netlink subsystem/module.
In my linux version (RHEL 5), I dont have that. Instead of that I have
ip_conntrack_netlink module.

1) Is there any way that I can make ulogd to talk to
ip_conntrack_netlink, and whether ip_conntrack_netlink is equivalent
of nf_conntrack_netlink?

2) If (1) is not possible, can I able to include just the
nf_conntrack_netlink in RHEL5 without changing any existing
functionality? nf_conntrack_netlink and ip_conntrack_netlink can work
well simultaneously?

3) If (2) is not possible, what would be your advice on this? RHEL5 +
ip_conntrack_netlink is used in many servers(may be more than 1000
servers) in my organization. Considering this, any change would cause
potential testing. So a simple solution would be easily accepted in my
organization.