IPSet Interface Matching

Hello all,

Not sure if this is a known issue/feature request for ipset and/or
iptables not:

Using ipset + iptables as follows:

<snip>
ipset create newset hash:net,iface
ipset add newset 192.168.0.0/24,eth+

ipset -L newset

Name: newset
Type: hash:net,iface
Header: family inet hashsize 1024 maxelem 65536
Size in memory: 17360
Members:
192.168.0.0/24,eth+

iptables -I INPUT -m set --match-set newset dst,src -j ACCEPT

</snip>

I was expecting the above set match line to to be equivalent to:

"iptables -I INPUT -i eth+ -d 192.168.0.0/24 -j ACCEPT"

The rule set doesn't seem to match the interface names as I would
expect (trying to match multiple eth adapters).

Iptables docs seems to indicate 'If the interface name ends in a "+",
then any interface which begins with this name will match.'

Is this expected behavior?

If I manually add each interface (ie: eth0,eth1,ethN) to the ipset it
seems to work, but seems less than ideal.

Thanks for your time.

-Mike

--
Michael Vallaly <netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>