Re: [ANNOUNCE] ipset 6.13 released

On Sun, 1 Jul 2012, Mr Dash Four wrote:

> > The hash:net,iface type is out for a long time. It is not possible to change
> > the meaning of src/dst without breaking backward compatibility, therefore I
> > won't do it.
> It has nothing to do with "backward compatibility" at all, but everything to
> do with something which was done wrong initially and needs to be fixed. The
> fact that this "has been out for a long time" is not an excuse - if anything,
> it reflects pretty badly that this wasn't spotted earlier. Besides, when a bug
> is discovered do you write a man page documenting it or do you fix that
> particular bug?

Call it a bug, whatever. I won't change the meaning of src/dst for
hash:net,iface which then will break someone's working firewall after an
upgrade.

Best regards,
Jozsef
-
E-mail  : kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kadlecsik.jozsef@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Address : Wigner Research Centre for Physics, Hungarian Academy of Sciences
          H-1525 Budapest 114, POB. 49, Hungary