RE: Valid requirement for REDIRECT target on IPv6 where TPROXY won't do.

Hi AYJ,

Thanks for the reply.

In this particular instance it's not for redirecting packets to Squid, it's
to a custom service listening on a socket for both TCP and UDP data.  It's
capturing packets on all ports and forwarding to their appropriate handler.
In addition for unauthenticated users it's also 'redirecting' their DNS
queries to the built-in DNS server so as to properly handle the
authentication process.

This all works seamless (without NAT) on IPv4 but there are simply no signs
of life when using TPROXY; it's simply as if the packets disappear into thin
air.

In the setup of the TPROXY rules, I can see packets getting counted on the
rule and the appropriate TPROXY mark and ip rules are in place, but they
never appear on the service nor do any of the DNS queries arrive.

Thanks again for your comments.
Steve.