Re: Iptables Drop rule - strange behaviour

Hi,

I found out the reason for dropping the packet.

On Debugging Kernel I found that in the forward path (ip_forward.c), a
particular part of code under a configuration flag
(CONFIG_NETFILTER_TABLE_INDEX) is getting executed and was giving the
wrong verdict of DROP for the packets.

I removed the same from .config file. Now the rules are working as
expected. I dont know the meaning of CONFIG_NETFILTER_TABLE_INDEX flag
and hence i cannot say whether it is a bug or not.

Thanks for the support. :-). I hope this mail might help somebody in the future.

thanks and regards
sreejith