AW: AW: How to mark packet by reqid?

Hi again,

Lots of experiments later, but still no luck....

> >> xt_esp generates debug output if you have "printk" sysctl set to show
it.
> >How would I do so? I never used sysctl for anything but enabling ip
> >forwarding....
> sysctl -w kernel.printk="7 7 7 7"

I did. And I tried
# echo "7 7 7 7" > /proc/sys/kernel/printk

Nothing appears on `dmesg`.
Also I noticed that xt_esp was not loaded automatically. I had to load it
using `insmod`. Still no output.
But note, that I could not use -m esp --espspi either, see below.

> ># iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p esp --spi 0xcdfebb11 -j MARK
> >--set-mark 1 iptables v1.4.12: Gives: unknown option "--spi"
>  --espspi per manpage.

-m esp --espspi XXXXX
Or
-m polixy --spi XXXXX --dir in

The later does not match, but I cannot even get the former one to be
accepted:

# iptables -t mangle -D PREROUTING -p esp -m esp --espspi 0xcde0e1ca -j MARK
--set-mark 1
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.

# iptables -t mangle -D PREROUTING -p esp --espspi 0xcde0e1ca -j MARK
--set-mark 1
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.

# iptables -t mangle -D PREROUTING -m esp --espspi 0xcde0e1ca -j MARK
--set-mark 1
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.

Is there a way to find out what's wrong here?

> Why don't you try --espspi 0xc4b51d18 for a change, since that is (one
value)
> from those obtained from ip x s.

--espspi does not work at all - iptables complains, see above.
Also, I tried  -m polixy --spi XXXX -dir in  for all spi codes I could find
anywhere - it never matched..

BTW: If matching the SPI is a problem, I would prefer matching reqid anyway.
But for now it would suffice to match any of those.

I am really stuck here. Any hints are still welcome.
Also I would be glad, if I could chat with someone using msn messenger or
mirc or anything. I could also provide ssh root access to these machines...

Regards,
   Steffen