Re: Iptables "-m time" option doesn't update when the clock changes

Hi,

On 29/03/12 10:12, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Thursday 2012-03-29 11:10, Sebastian Arcus wrote:

I'm using the following line in my iptables firewall to block internet access
for one of the machines on the network for one hour a day:

Code:

iptables -A FORWARD -p ALL -o $INET_IFACE -m mac --mac-source $BLOCKED_MAC1 -m
time --timestart $BLOCKED_TIMESTART1 --timestop $BLOCKED_TIMESTOP1 -j DROP

Everything works fine - except that when the clocks change from winter time to
summer time (in UK) - the rule keeps on working on the old time.

This is documented behavior, see manpage (preferably that of a recent
release).

Thank you for that. According to my manpage:

"--localtz
Interpret the times given for --datestart, --datestop, --timestart and --timestop to be local kernel time. (Default)"

It sounds like the rule above should be using the local time (default). It still doesn't explain why it is stuck on the time before the clock change though?