Re: Recompile iptables

On Thursday 2012-03-29 09:29, Rob Sterenborg (lists) wrote:

>On Thu, 2012-03-29 at 00:01 -0700, gopi bhimavarapu wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I need to recompile the iptables userspace program using the include
>> files of my kernel. (which has specific improvements in ipt_entry structure).
>> I am using iptables-1.4.12.2 and ussing --with-ksource option and giving my
>> kernels include directory.
>> Even then, ipt_entry sturcture of iptables-1.4.12.2/include is getting precedence.
>> How can I force it to take my include files.

# Rob, don't strip Ccs.

Nah, the issue really is that ${kinclude_CPPFLAGS} comes after
-I${top_builddir}/include -I${top_srcdir}/include in
extensions/GNUmakefile.in near AM_CPPFLAGS=.

And as I try to find a reason (use case) why we even still have
--with-ksource — iptables is completely independent of it —, I guess it
is so that one does not have to copy forth and back header files when
developing a *new, previously non-existing extension*. For that,
placement of ${kinclude_CPPFLAGS} at the end of line is sufficient.

Note that by changing ipt_entry, you are making yourself incompatible to
everyone and everything.