Re: Run a userspace script upon rule matching?

I'm fairly new to netfilter as well and this might or might not be helpful.

The netfilter hacking document available here:
http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/HOWTO//netfilter-hacking-HOWTO.txt

Talks about the various hooks that a program can register for. Maybe
that would be a feasible way of calling a script.
The flow might look something like this: Call hook on packet receive
>> Check against filters >> [Perform your operations] >> Send out one
of the 5 status for what to do next. (NF_ACCEPT, NF_DROP, ...)

I was in the same boat trying to find something that would call a
remote API endpoint for all packets that matched a filter.

Hope that helps,
Abhi