Re: Xen and netfilter

On 03/03/2012 22:11, Jonathan Gowar wrote:
Hi there,

   I've been advised to contact you guys in order to resolve an issue in
the system log files when using netfilter with Xen.  It's with humility
that I ask, as I can not say with authority where the problem lies.

I get many of these logs, so much so that I can't see any other errors.

Mar  2 13:31:07 esme-grace kernel: [98068.833692] physdev match: using
--physdev-out in the OUTPUT, FORWARD and POSTROUTING chains for
non-bridged traffic is not supported anymore.
Mar  2 13:31:07 esme-grace kernel: [98068.833697] physdev match: using
--physdev-out in the OUTPUT, FORWARD and POSTROUTING chains for
non-bridged traffic is not supported anymore.

I found a link on Xen Wiki, which has gone some way to repress the
issue, but there are still a few that crop up.

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenNetworking#head-602e26cd4a03b992f3938fe1bea03fa0fea0ed8b

It's also been suggested to me to ask, either a) to remove the
informal messages, or ideally b) suppressing the messages if the rule in
question is doing bridged traffic.

Apparently, the issue is with the vif-common.sh script. The fix is to add --physdev-is-bridged to the offending rules so that only bridged traffic is considered.

http://xenbits.xensource.com/hg/xen-unstable.hg/rev/b0fe8260cefa

--Kerin