Re: Dual WAN setup redux

On Thursday 02 February 2012 2:35:20 am Andrew Beverley wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 17:08 -0500, Dimitri Yioulos wrote:
> > On the test machine (call it box 3 in the diagram), I changed the ip to
> > be 75.x.x.28, netmask 255.255.255.248, network 75.x.x.24.  I set the
> > gateway to be 75.x.x.25 (eth3 address on the firewall/router).  I can't
> > ping anything.
>
> I wasn't very clear in my last post. You'll need to separate out that
> small block into different subnets, as they're on different interfaces.
>
> > If I had my choice, though, I'd rather assign an address of 192.168.1.x
> > to the test machine (as with the rest of the devices in the DMZ), and
> > make it use the WAN2 connection instead of WAN1 that the other devices
> > are using.
>
> Actually, it's probably as easy to do this. Set the 192.168.1.x IP
> address on the test machine, then try pinging eth3's IP address from the
> test machine. That should work. Then try the gateway on the same subnet.
> That should also work.
>
> Once that's working, then you should be able to do a DNAT on the
> firewall to send packets coming in on eth3 to the test machine
> (192.168.1.x).
>
> Andy
>

> --

I changed the ip addy of the test server to 192.168.1.11, back on the
DMZ subnet.  I now have partial success, as I can ping the gateway
(75.x.x.30).  I think I have the correct SNAT and DNAT rules to reach this
on port 80, but I can't reach it via 75.x.x.27, which is its external
address.  Nor can I ping it.  And, I can ping anything outbound from that host.
Arrgh.

I don't know if it's helpful, but I've attached what I hope is a new, better
network map.

Thanks and regards,

Dimitri

believed to be clean.