Re: Hanging outgoing connections while incoming are OK

OMG, sorry.
The intended setup was
fw eth0: 10.254.254.1, PUB_IP_INCOMING, PUB_IP_OUTGOING

I have used 1 public ip for incoming connections and 1 ip to
"masquerade" outgoing ones.
I don't know if it is necessary to bind public ip to some NIC in order
to let netfilter NAT work properly.

Anyway, there is a little progress in the analysys.
Starting a ssh session from a linux box on the internal network, I can
see with tcpdump a certain amount of packets
flowing along the path from the linux box, the firewall up to the ssh server.
Then packet flow stops for 10-20 seconds until final exchange takes
place and I have the shell prompt.
It seems like some packets start going round and round before arriving
to destination.
In fact, if I do several ls -l connection hangs again.
The strange thing is that there is no way to setup a connection if the
client is putty on a windows client.

Guido