Re: Routing the DNS Traffic via specific interface.

On 01/24/2012 11:41 PM, Netravali Ganesh wrote:
Hi ..

I have 2 interfaces eth0 and eth1 on the system connected to
different subnets. I need to route all the outgoing DNS traffic of
the system via eth1 interface. Pls let me know if below IPTABLES
rules is proper way ?

Are the IPs of the DNS servers known and reasonably static? And is there any concern if other traffic to those IPs goes out the one interface? If the DNS server IPs are static, and it wouldn't hurt to have other traffic go out the same interface, why not just create some static host routes?

rick jones