Re: Dual WAN set-up

On Thu, 2012-01-12 at 16:51 -0500, Dimitri Yioulos wrote:
> Hi, folks.
>
> Please bear with me.  I may have asked something similar in the
> way-back, but am going to ask again, because I really need to get
> this set up, have absolutely no idea how, and am pertrified at
> the prospect:
>
> I currently have an iptables/Netfilter firewall router configured
> thusly:
>
>                                WAN
>  (192.168.x.x) LAN --  fw -- DMZ (10.x.x.x)
>
> OK, pretty basic.  And, it has worked well for a long time.
>
> Now, I need to add a second WAN (provided by a second provider).
> I need it to serve specific boxes in the DMZ, both inbound and
> outbound.  Currently, all boxes in the DMZ are served by the
> single WAN connection.  I'm not sure what other information I
> need to provide you, but I'm hoping you all can help with very
> specific instructions or a very detailed how-to

If you check the list archives there's been a few discussions on this
recently (search for load balancing).

One way of doing it is marking each connection and balancing those, as
described in this excellent web page:

http://www.sysresccd.org/Sysresccd-Networking-EN-Iptables-and-netfilter-load-balancing-using-connmark

Andy