EBTABLES not working on the target after cross compilation.

Hi Friends,

I cannot find older threads which dealt with similar problem, if any
thread exists I apologize.
This is my problem.
When I try to execute the command "ebtables -A FORWARD -p IPv4
--ip-src 172.16.1.4 -s ! 00:11:22:33:44:55 -j DROP" (I take this
command from one of the example in ebtables website.) I am getting the
following error message.
Unable to update the kernel. Two possible causes:1. Multiple ebtables
programs were executing simultaneously. The ebtables   userspace tool
doesn't by default support multiple ebtables programs running
concurrently. The ebtables option --concurrent or a tool like flock
can be   used to support concurrent scripts that update the ebtables
kernel tables.2. The kernel doesn't support a certain ebtables
extension, consider   recompiling your kernel or insmod the extension.
Details on Platform:
1. I have cross compiled ebtables v2.0.10-2 by removing the codes
parts which are corresponding to IPv6. (The target I am using does not
support IPv6 features). The compilation was successful and I can see
the ebtables executables.
2. I have the following modules available in the
/lib/modules/net/bridge/netfilter directory of my target:

 ebt_802_3.ko       ebt_dnat.ko        ebt_mark.ko        ebt_snat.ko
      ebtable_broute.koebt_among.ko       ebt_ip.ko
ebt_mark_m.ko      ebt_stp.ko         ebtable_filter.koebt_arp.ko
   ebt_limit.ko       ebt_pkttype.ko     ebt_ulog.ko
ebtable_nat.koebt_arpreply.ko    ebt_log.ko         ebt_redirect.ko
ebt_vlan.ko        ebtables.ko
3. The ebtable kernel components are compiled as modules.
4. The filesystem of the platform is read only. The /var partition
with some small size is readable although.
5. Before trying the execution of the command, I did insmod for all
the modules listed above.
Please assist me to get the issue resolved, I am a newbie to ebtables.
Thanks in Advance

CheersVENKATESWARAN
Bug the Bugs