Re: What happens after PREROUTING/nat ?

Hi,

Thank you for your response, but... :D

On Wednesday 07 of December 2011 18:57EN, Gáspár Lajos wrote:
But if "C" is in the LAN then the packets are simply disappearing...
They are not. If you monitor the LAN traffic, you should notice that the
problem is not the redirected packet but the reply from B to C. Because
I know about this problem and I have the required SNAT rules too...
And as I wrote the packets did not hit the line... (After C->A there was no A->B.... because of a missing PROMISC flag on the bridge...)

3. When translating the destination address from A to B for packets
coming from LAN, translate source address as well ("masquerade"). Then
the reply will go back to A and it will translate both source and
destination address. Awful? Definitely, but this is where all those
masquerades got us...
This is what I got... And it is working now... See my other post...

Thank you ! :D

Swifty