Re: nfqueue vs. tproxy

On Thursday 2011-12-08 02:43, Susan Hinrichs wrote:

>You could do that, but the second recipient of the code would lose the
>original destination address and port information.

Um, no.
The second recipient of the packet (code? no.) is either

(a) intentionally the same as the original destination, therefore the
daddr-dport tuple is already known (obviously)

(b) intentionally not the same as the original destination, i.e. not
meant to know the original daddr-dport tuple.

And if you need, you can add extra bytes into the stream to tell the new
peer (in case of (b)) the original address within the stream, provided
the protocol can carry that information. If the protocol does not allow
for it, it is not going to be interesting for the recipient anyway.

Oh and don't top-post.