Re: htb + prio trouble

Lloyd Standish wrote:

Thanks for your insight. I didn't realize that only the root qdisc
receives traffic automatically. Any subclasses need to receive traffic
via a filter, or via the "default" selector. I added "default" as follows:

I am very rusty and out of date with the world of tc.

One thing to consider when using htb default is that all unclassified traffic goes there - this includes arp.

HTB by default lets unclassified go unshaped so personally I always preferred setting catch all "protocol ip" filters over using default.

If you ever play with HFSC (unless it's changed in recent years) then its' default behavior is to drop unclassified, which can easily bite you, so you need to make default or explicitly filter protocol arp.