Re: Redirecting ports with netfilter: unexpected varying results possibly correlated with NAT

On Wed, 2011-10-26 at 22:52 +0200, Ronald wrote:
> > (Please cc me as I'm not subscribed to this list.)
> >
> > Hello netfilter enthousiasts,
> >

> > Conclusion: Using wireless, which is not NAT-ed, port redirection
> > seems to fail. Responses to the client are dropped somewhere along the
> > way.
> >

> I'm suprised by the absence of a response. Does this indicate that I
> failed to provide enough information?

Possibly that you provided too much information. It took me a while to
read through and work out exactly where your email was going. Try and
stick to the absolute minimum to explain what does/doesn't work.

One approach that I have seen people use is to use a short summary of
the problem at the beginning ("short story") followed by a detailed
analysis ("long story").

> Or does this mean that nobody has any idea what is going on here? If I
> did something wrong, please tell me.

I suspect more likely the latter. I did read your post, as I'm sure
others did, but no answers jump out at me. I'll reply now with some
thoughts but no answers.

Andy