route sorting

When I execute "route" to display my routing table all entries are sorted by ip address (when -n is specified). This seems to be a bit different from previous kernel versions (I am using 3.0.6) - 2.6.38 for example - where the routing table used to show the most specific netmask first (at the top), which is what I really wanted as it was very easy to judge how a particular ip address is going to be routed. When I execute "route" now I can't get it to show the routing table the way I want and the way it was done in previous kernel versions. Any suggestions?