Re: Help on outgoing packet (without NAT)

Em 22/09/11 13:44, Jorge Bastos escreveu:

Well I was convinced that, since I'm not using NAT on this machine, this couldn't be done on the NAT table.
Thanks, after all, it works.

Yes now you're using NAT .... we usually say NAT to some kind of SOURCE NAT, for example done on cable/DSL modens. but any kind of address translation is a NAT, including your case in which you want to change the destination of some packet, usually known as port forwarding. Yes it's a NAT, a Destination NAT.

if i'm not mistaken, just pay attention that as you're using NAT and you'll have packets flowing 'through' your machine, you must have the

/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

    set to 1

you also need appropriate FORWARD rules to allow that packets to flow through your machine. If you're running with the default FORWARD ACCEPT default rule and no rules there, than you'll have no problem. But keep in mind that packets are going through filter table, FORWARD chain and ip_forward must be enabled for that to work.

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues

	gertrudes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx