Re: [netfilter][half_OT]Traffic shaping with tc and iptables

Hi,
#create engress htb shaper:
tc qdisc add dev $IF root handle 1: htb
#setup some iface limits
tc class add dev $IF parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate ${MAXOUT}kbit ceil ${MAXOUT}kbit burst 50kb

#add subclass for your application attached to the root class 1:1 - 1:10, set proper ceil value!
tc class add dev $IF parent 1:1 classid 1:10 htb rate 128kbit ceil ${MAXOUT}kbit prio 1 burst 5kb

#then just add filters, in that case port 53 - DNS
tc filter add dev $IF parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 10 u32 match ip dport 53 0xffff flowid 1:10

you are good to go!
tc qdisc -s show dev $IF

will tell you what is going on.

HTH,