Re: Question about using SSH-tunnel / Frage zum Benutzen eines SSH-Tunnels

I use ssh not in the terminal. i use putty for the connection. there is a setting "ssh-->tunnels-->Add forwarded port" There i set the sourceport e.g. at 9999 and as destination the ssh-server. i made it also dynamic. so i can use it as proxyserver e.g. in firefox this way: (SOCKS: localhost:9999)
Secondly, can you tell us the type of traffic you want transport over the tunnel? You can pass as many -L syntax as needed to ssh.
I think its tcp-packages from one programm on my computer which shell be sent to a server outside. The reason for using the ssh-tunnel is, that the firewall does not allow the port, the programm needs.

i hope it is clear