AW: Conntrack not matching properly - producing serious outages

> conntrack
> matching

> > >The final ACK might have already been seen. A full tcpdump could tell us
> > >what happened exactly.
> >
> > But perhaps NFCT should assume that it did not reach its destination
> > and should accept more FIN-ACKs until the MSL has elapsed.
>
> The price is to waste the memory, by keeping every conntrack entry longer.
>
> We should receive more reports that the current default values are not
> appropriate.

I observed the FIN-repeat problem also but thought, that increasing nf_conntrack_tcp_timeout_fin_wait fixed it. Since it was a dirty trial and error hack, I failed to find docu on that parameter and did not want to go into kernel for that old machine, this just might have been superstition.

Roman