Re: Trying to achieve fail over to multiple DNATed destinations

Thanks for your response Jan, I was just reading your PDF of
Netfilter_modules :)

Yeah I do understand that Its not a replacement but I was wondering if
its possible in someway like using any existing extension/modules to
iptables or something. Something in iptables that can track that the
request which was forwarded via X rule did not return any response and
timeout to another rule or some other strategy you may think of.

Redarding browser resolving to another IP, for this lets assume that
users on my network are accessing www.example.com via IP address i.e.
10.10.10.20 (internal one) and not via domain name. They are accessing
it from code and not browser where they need to specify IP and not
domain name etc.

Regards,
Mark