Re: iptables in promiscuous mode

*Maybe* making the device behaves in promiscuous mode to allow these packets enters into kernel's network stack.

i.e.
# ifconfig [dev] +promisc
# ifconfig [dev] -promisc

or

# ip link set [dev] promisc on
# ip link set [dev] promisc off

What are you doing?

Someone can explain me why when tcpdump or wireshark are capturing packets, neither ifconfig nor iproute shows the “PROMISC” flag? but dmesg indeed show “device [dev] entered promiscuous mode”.