pcap files reading with iptables

Hello,

I have tried to classify pcap files using layer7 userspace filter.
In order to do that I need to set a rule in iptables that QUEUE the traffic. Since iptables does not read pcap files, I have used tcpreplay to replay the traffic form the pcap file. tcpreplay is replaying the data from the pcap file on the interface card.
I have checked with wireshark if the packets get through and they do.
My problem is that iptables seems to not receive the packets.
What could be the problem? Do the packets get dropped somewhere?
I do not have much knowledge in this field, please help me.

I am using:
Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick)
Linux kernel 2.6.35-28-generic
iptables