Bizarre NAT behavior

I ran into a bizarre NAT problem recently.  I have a firewall with eth0
and eth1 bridged using device br0.  This site hosts a few publicly
visible web and ftp sites.  These are all accessible across the Internet
as they should be.

For internal users accessing these sites using public IP Addresses, I
MASQUERADE the request and also DNAT it. This has worked for several
years - but broke recently when I put in a firewall upgrade using kernel
2.6.35.6-48.fc14.i686.PAE.  Identical ruleset from the old and new, just
a newer kernel with Fedora 14.

Here's the really weird part - it all works when I watch it with
tcpdump.  The website has a public IP Address (obfuscated here) of
1.2.115.121.  This NATs to private IP Address 192.168.10.8.  When a user
in the 192.168.10.nnn subnet tries to access the website at its public
IP Address, nothing happens.  But when I do this:

[root@ehac-fw2011 ~]# /usr/sbin/tcpdump -i br0 host 1.2.115.151 -nn

Now that user can see the website.  This works for a few minutes after I
terminate tcpdump until the TCP connection goes away.  I can reproduce
the problem at will - am I looking a kernel bug?  How weird is that when
the problem stops when I watch the packets.  Some kind of timing glitch?

Thanks

- Greg Scott