IP Accounting and blocking IP

Hello everyone, I'm need to account my users traffic to Internet.

I wish block the user that is stealing more bandwidth making
downloading any thing by Internet at the moment of the action.

I've searched at the Internet and found something about sflow, pmacct
and even iptables and ipfwadm.

I wish any tips about what tool above or others that can help me as
blocking by users( of course that the blocking occur by ip ) at the
moment that them are making bad use of the Internet.

I liked of the ipfwadm but I haven't found many material about it seem
be old. there is new version or substitute ?

any tips are welcome!

thank!