Re: ipset, IP6_NF_IPTABLES

On Tue, 17 May 2011, Denys Fedoryshchenko wrote:

> On Tue, 17 May 2011 12:07:35 +0100, Mr Dash Four wrote:
> > > No, that's not possible. ipset needs the IPv6 support in the kernel.
> > >   That can't be accurate - I have administratively disabled IPv6 on my
> > > system (both via sysctl as well as via the kernel command line)  - and
> > > ipset 6.5 runs just fine. I am not using any IPv6 sets though so that
> > > might be the reason why it is not complaining.
>
> Well, i compile ipset on host with ipv6 enabled kernel, and just copied to
> host without ipv6. It is seems problem only during compilation i guess
> (headers?), and it is not right IMO.
> Especially it is a problem for source based distributions, like gentoo,
> because i cannot compile ipset at all on most of my ipv4-only machines.

The ip_set_core module depends on the ipv6 module (or functionality, if
compiled into the kernel). The host does not need to have IPv6 address
assigned or IPv6 enabled at all. But the functionality must be there.

At compile time IPv6 support must be enabled.

Best regards,
Jozsef
-
E-mail  : kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxx