A question about ebtables and virtual switching

Hi all,

I have installed a virtual machine with snort to sniff traffic on a dedicated virtual lan.

But exists a problem: this snort vm only sees traffic destinated to its own MAC address and traffic with the multicast bit set in the destination address. This scenario is unusable for snot.

I have found a partial soultion: set ageing to 0 in host's bridge but this produces another problem, all vms attached to this virtual switch sees all traffic, and that is not what I want.

If I not wrong, ebtables is the solution to make snort work, but I didn't find any doc about how can I implement this solution.

How can I configure ebtables rules to make a port mirroring in this virtual switch where snort needs to sniff??

 I am using KVM as virtualization platform.

 Thanks.
--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com